Recently, a lot of users have asked about this concern on the Google forum. We all utilize Google Maps to determine our destination or routes daily because we trust it to be accurate. Sometimes, our family and friends visit us and lose their way to the house. With this in mind, our goal is to help those who need help by giving them our current place. Problems arise when you cannot refresh your locations and assist your guests in locating the correct position. This guide is for you because it offers the most effective solutions for your problem. Learn how iToolabAnyGo can help you disguise your current location easily.
Why is the location sharing not changing?
If Google Maps location sharing is not updating, check them for a network issue or restart sharing, delete local data from the app, or reinstall Google Maps.
Also, consider deactivating NFC and Bluetooth when using Maps and then enabling the precise location settings.
Important note: This is a dual-lane street. Both parties must be connected to a stable network with the latest versions of Google Maps and location services enabled.
- Fix Google Maps No Longer Updating Location
- by Madalina Dinita. 14 comments
Google Maps is an excellent GPS and navigation application that can assist you to quickly finding your way when you’re new to a city or want to discover a new place that you’ve never before.
All you have to do is type in your address or name of the location you’d like to go to and then enable the location service. Google Maps will find the best route to take for you.
Verify if the Location Setting is Enabled Fully
If you’ve got location turned on on your phone, you’ll see information based on its users’ sites, such as commute forecasts, local restaurants nearby, and more localized results from searches.
If Google Maps location sharing is not updating on your iPhone, it is recommended that you verify that your location Setting is enabled.
- Settings > Privacy > Make Sure Location Services is On.
- Click Google Maps and make sure Precise Location is on.
- On the same screen, select the While Using the app and Always options.
What is the reason Google Location Sharing Not Updating?
You may be asking, “Why can’t I refresh my location within Google Maps?”, and there could be several reasons. The first and most important reason is that there might be a problem with your fast internet connection.
If the internet on your device is operating perfectly, it could be something wrong with your location settings. An issue with the software in your phone causes your Google Maps shared location not to update on your iPhone.
- After we’ve discussed possible causes, we’ll look at ways you can eliminate them.
- Find Location Services on Google Maps
- To iPhone users:
If your Google Maps location sharing is not updating on your iPhone, you must make sure that location services are activated in Google Maps.
- To do this, follow these steps.
- Start your Settings app.
- Visit the Privacy tab, then Location and Location Services, and make sure Location Services is turned on.
- Check for errors
- In your mobile, launch Google Maps on your phone. Google Maps app Maps.
- Tap your profile photo or the first Account Circle, and then share your location.
- Be aware that if there’s a problem, there are issues, and you’ll see an alert message on top.
Switch off this alert
It is important to note that if you switch these off, the location you share with other people might not be refreshed and could become an error.
- Be aware that the exact steps can differ depending on the device you are using.
- On your mobile, launch your device and then open the Google Maps app Maps.
- Tap your profile picture or your initial Account Circle before going to Settings.
- Click “Notifications,” after which you can Google.
- Click until “Google Location Sharing (you),” then turn it off.
Deleting the battery optimization feature for Google Maps
Battery optimization is an excellent method for software to reduce battery use by removing programs that remain behind. Certain OEMs may be too extreme and allow users to turn off the optimization. Users can modify settings or allowlist applications which don’t belong to the category of battery optimization.
So, applications you like will remain in the background, and specifically, with Google Maps, keep sharing locations even when you turn off the display.
Here’s how you can disable battery optimization in Google Maps on Android:
Restart the iPhone to fix Google Maps Not Updated Location
If you encounter such easy errors in the system, the most effective option you can select is to reset your iPhone. If you’re lucky enough, you’ll be able to solve your issue quickly using this procedure.
To turn off your iPhone X or later, you must press either the Volume button or the Side button until you can see an off-power slider. After that, move the slider, and wait for the device to switch off. After that, press the Side button for a few seconds until you see the Apple logo.
To restart the operation of your iPhone 8 or earlier, you’ll need to hold your Side button till the power off slider appears. After that, move the slider until you are waiting for your iPhone to shut down. Next, hold your Side button till you see the Apple logo appears.
That’s it for the solution to Google Location Sharing not updating. In my opinion, of the four explanations, TunesKit iOS System Recovery will be a perfect fit to resolve this Google Location not updating problem. Try this technique to see whether it will aid you in solving your issue.