If you decide to use an option to pay for Apps, Games, Books, or Movies on the Google Play Store, your Credit Card or Debit Card data is linked to the Google Play Account. If you want to change or edit your payment method in the Google Play Store due to reasons beyond your control, Follow the instructions in the following steps.
Follow this step-by-step tutorial to help users remove their credit card details or other payment method from Google Play.
Remove an option to pay from Google Play:
- If you’re using an Android phone or tablet, start your device and then open the Google Play Store app.
- Tap on the menu. Then, tap on the Payment method.
- Tap on the More Payment Settings.
- If you are asked to sign in, go to pay.google.com.
- If you are using a payment method you’d like to delete the payment method, click remove.
- The method used to pay is obliterated from the Google account.
- Modify the payment method you choose to use while shopping via Google Play:
- For your Android smartphone or tablet, start Google Play Store. Google Play Store app.
- Visit a purchased item’s information page.
- Tap on the review app and price permissions.
- The app’s name is displayed: click on the down Arrow and then the Payment Methods.
- Pick the payment options, or choose to add an entirely new method.
- Complete the purchase.
Google Play’s Play Credit Card Removing
Go first to Google Play and log in to your Google Play account. Click on “Payment Methods,” then under the menu, select “Edit the Payment Methods.”
There will be the payments center’s website. You will be presented with the four last characters on your credit card. Below it, you’ll be able to see “Remove.”
After you have clicked “Remove,” your credit account information will be erased from the Google Play profile, and you won’t be allowed to use this payment method to pay for any other payment, as per How to Geek.
Beware of deleting these two Google Play Store Malware-Ridden Apps If you have them.
Removing Your Credit Card from Google Play on Android
Apart from deleting your saved credit card data using its desktop-based version of Google Play, you can perform the same on your Android mobile phone using the Google Play Store app.
Open your Google Play Store app on your device and then click on the icon for your profile. Then, tap the “Payment and Subscription” option.
After that, click “Payment Methods,” then, at the bottom, click “More Payment Settings.” A web browser will be opened, and then you’ll be able to see the center for payments.
The last four numbers of the credit card. Click on “Remove” to remove any unwanted payment method from the Google account.
Once you have removed your credit card details, It is possible to make a fresh one available to pay for the Google Play services. If you accidentally deleted the incorrect payment method, you can add it again, as per Business Insider.
Google Play had security issues in the past year after it was disclosed that an enormous breach could have exposed more than 100 million Android customers to identity fraud.