Dance is a way to dance rhythmically to music; generally, in a specific pattern of movements, it’s more to it than the literal significance. Dance can provide entertainment as well as a healthy way of life. However, when we look at Philippine dancing, it is possible to get more than just a more profound significance.
A traditional dance from the Philippines brings us closer to a country’s culture. It’s about the past, rich traditions, and beauty of the land it is connected to. The dances of the cultural tradition in the Philippines originate from diverse regions, which differ from each other because they are influenced by culture and religion.
What is folk dancing?
Folk dances are traditional social dances of ethnic groups, urban or rural, across the globe. Social dances are dances with a social element performed at weddings, parties or other occasions.
What is the proper classification for Philippine traditional dances?
Five folk dances are popular in the Philippines: Maria Clara Dance, Cordillera Dance, Muslim Dance, Rural Dance, and Tribal Dance.
What are the five major types of Philippine traditional dance?
Five types of folk dancing in the Philippines specifically: Maria Clara Dance, Cordillera Dance, Muslim Dance, Rural Dance, and Tribal Dance. The Philippine folk dances show the spirit of fiesta and passion for life. They are the most popular type in Filipino dance.
What is the definition of dance? Tinikling?
Tinikling is taught today all over the United States. For students in grades K-12, dance is taught as an aerobic workout for physical education classes to increase physical abilities like foot speed, hand coordination and dance.
12 Popular Filipino Folk Dances
When we think of dancing in the Philippines, it’s hard not to from thinking of the traditional Filipino folk dances that put the Philippines on the map. Here’s a listing of the most popular folk dances from the Philippines that you must know about should you wish to learn more about the Philippines’ culture.
- Tinikling The Tinikling dance is a Philippine folk dance which originated in Leyte
- Itik-Itik is a traditional dance in the Philippines that was first performed within Surigao del Sur
- Maglalatik is an excellent example of Philippine folk dance that was first performed at Binan, Laguna
- Binasuan Binasuan Binasuan is a dance of the tribe in the Philippines that was first performed in Pangasinan
- Singkil Singkil Singkil is an Mindanao traditional dance was created in Lake Lanao
- Kappa Malong Malong-Malong is a tribal dance that originated in the Philippines which originated from the Maranao tribe of Mindanao
- Carinosa is A dance from the Philippines. in the Philippines, which originated on Panay Island
- Sayaw is a Bangko – A folklore tradition dance of the Philippines which originated in Pangasinan
- Pandanggo an Ilaw – An ethnic dance of the Philippines that was first performed in Lubang Island, Mindoro
- Pandanggo Oasis – A folk dance from the Philippines that was first performed at Lingayen, Pangasinan
- Kurata is a type of folk dance from the Philippines which originated on Samar Island
- A pantomime is A form of dance from the Philippines which originated in Bicol
What are the five kinds of Philippine folk dance?
There are five kinds of folk dancing in the Philippines: Maria Clara Dance, Cordillera Dance, Muslim Dance, Rural Dance, and Tribal Dance. The Philippine folk dances show the spirit of the fiesta and the joy of life. They are also the most popular type in Filipino dance.